Position: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Information Technology, Product Development Team
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Cancun, MX
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Software Engineer who shares our passion for writing high quality code and building great software for Vanco. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on the Product Team. The Product Team is responsible for providing world-class products to the company and the company’s clients. This includes designing, creating, maintaining, and supporting software for every application used by the company, ensuring all elements of quality are met throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, and keeping the data as secure as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with, learn from, mentor and train developers inside and outside of the team, encouraging a mindset of continuous improvement and adaptability to changing conditions and priorities.
- You will be responsible for effectively analyzing complex problems within a product and complicated problems between products, perform risk and impact analysis, and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead technical design for products that affect their team’s current architectures.
- You will be responsible for technical and non-technical documentation.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will refine the development onboarding program and ensure team adoption through training and mentoring.
- You will be actively engaged in all Product Team events.
- Finally, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide support to all internal customers in their use of our systems including our products and APIs.
Who you are:
- Your degree is a BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You have knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile
- You have strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- You are self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver
- You are flexible to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- You can apply technology solutions to business problems
- You must have strong multi-tasking skills
Overall you have:
- 5 or more years of overall software development experience
- 2 or more years in server-side Java, Springboot, Groovy, Hibernate, Hazelcast/Redis, Rabbit/Active MQ or other similar tools
- 2 or more years working with or designing RESTful APIs
- 2 or more years of experience developing web applications
- 2 or more years of experience with relational databases, including MySQL, database design and best practices
- 1 or more years working in a Linux environment
It’s a bonus if you have experience with test-driven development and unit testing, JSON, Git and Jira. It would be great if you were familiar with Payment Card Industry standards as well.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop Leadership skills
- Competitive benefits and pay ( 100% IMSS)
- Ability to work on products using new emerging technologies
- $50,000 gross salary per month